Chapel Pass

Client
Private

Location
Dundalk Street, Carlingford, Co. Louth

This building was the protestant schoolhouse attached to the Holy Trinity Church situated on the adjacent hilltop in the centre of Carlingford.

The site is referred to as the Glebe (land designated for the use of the incumbent (priest) in 1835 but the building has not been built at that point. The Style of the building does however point towards an 1840/50s structure.

The building was significantly and negatively remodelled in the 1960s to give it its current appearance. The owners do intend to fully restore the building when and if budgets become available.

Works to the house include a glazed porch and garden room.